Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Group Shot

Today was a quiet day...full of shopping. Since it was raining on and off we stayed close to the hotel. Thankfully, the area around the White Swan caters quite well to the Americans here to complete their adoption at the US Consulate. Gift shops galore. Every imaginable trinket and Chinese souvenir to tug at the new mother's (and occasionally father's) heart. "Look at this traditional Chinese outfit. Sooooo cute. My daughter simply must have this in all available sizes so she can wear it to every special event from now through high school." All kidding aside the dresses are very cute and we have it on good authority that the girls love them for a long time.

The only real highlight of the day was dressing the girls up in their traditional outfits and taking a group picture on the red couch in the lobby of the White Swan. Families have made a custom of doing this and the whole process just wouldn't seem complete without it. Of course, it is the hardest photo to stage because the tots are squirmy and fussy and easily distracted. Oh well, so much for my art direction skills. You just have to love the shot for its realism.

Michelle got a good candid shot of me showing Hannah a little affection. It was a rare moment. Not. I can't help myself. I've fallen hard.

Tomorrow we have our appointment at the US Consulate to pick up Hannah's visa. The end of this part of our journey is almost over. Friday we leave for Hong Kong. I am not permitted to take any photos at the consulate so the post tomorrow may be text only. Unless, of course, Michelle can catch another candid. ;)

Andrew

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello folks,
First let me say what a wonderful daughter you have,Hannah is such a beautiful child! What a smile! I have sent a couple of comments already but not knowing how this worked, I expect they are at Andrews computer, thats the address I used.
It has been such a joy for me to follow you on this incredible adventure, I can hardly wait to see what you are all doing each day.
I am so thrilled for you & the entire family. I spoke to your Dad Michelle & he can hardly wait to hold Hannah,do you think she may get a bit spoiled???
Has a sfe trip home, I hope to meet Hannah the next time I am in DC. God bless your family, Delpha

May 31, 2006 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, Andrew and Hannah - I have to tell you that the highlight of my day is getting a new posting and mostly a new picture of Hannah. I hope you keep this up once you're home because I will "starve" without new photos of her. My first thought, when I saw today's gorgeous sleeping picture - "is this the most beautiful baby, or is this the most beautiful baby!?!?!?" of course - i don't need to tell the doting parents that!! :) I'm in love long distance. Safe trip home and can't wait to see Hannah!

Love, Debra

May 31, 2006 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home